Hydro66 are a multi-award winning colocation data center. Our clients benefit from our commitment to be the best.
Hydro66 is the Eco-friendliest Data center globally due to its innovative and pioneering approach to sustainability. Motivation in receiving this award was that Hydro66 has changed the economics of colocation by rejecting expensive traditional designs and adopting techniques pioneered by large internet companies for the colocation market for the first time.
Key differentiators that made Hydro66 the most sustainable Datacenter:
- A “SPREAD-OUT” DESIGN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE RELATIVELY LOW COST AND HIGH AVAILABILITY OF LAND IN OUR LOCATION
- THE USE WHEREVER POSSIBLE OF LOCALLY SOURCED MATERIALS AND LABOUR TO BUILD AND OPERATE THE DATA CENTER.
- 100% “FREE AIR” COOLING, 100% OF THE TIME
- RESILIENT POWER DESIGNED-IN AND USED AS THE BASE LINE
- COLLABORATION WITH MANUFACTURERS
Many of the unique features in the Hydro66 data center stem from the disruptive design that takes advantage of the local environmental and operational climate to minimize the impact on the environment as well as significantly reducing costs.
Andy Long commented, "Data centers are increasingly under the spotlight as being energy-intensive, and with that scrutiny comes the need for innovation and transparency.”
We are ready when you are
Please get in touch today to start a conversation about carrier neutral multi homed connectivity!
We will get back to you within a few hours, or you can also call us directly: +46 (0)921 48 97 02
Overcoming stiff opposition from some great datacenter companies like CenturyLink and Interxion made our achievement all the sweeter. The key criteria which impressed the judges were:
- 100% renewable hydroelectric energy
- 100% free air cooling resulting in a design PUE of 1.07
- Building designed around efficient airflow and integrated into the surrounding environment.
- Located directly adjacent to abundant generation to avoid power transmission losses.
The major differentiators allowing us to win the award were:
True renewable power from nearby 100% hydroelectric generation. Inner city data centres buying green energy certificates do not make windmills spin faster or the sun shine more – but by using power close to the generation source transmission losses are avoided. For many years the high cost of bandwidth made it impossible to make economic use of the climate and power in regions such as the Node Pole.
Now that connectivity is incredibly cheap it makes sense to ship photons not electrons. Facebook in Luleå, Sweden and Google in Hamina, Finland have realised this.
Hydro66 makes responsible green low cost colocation available for everyone else.
Ground breaking building design with ‘whole wall’ air intakes. 100% renewable hyperlocal hydroelectric. 100% free air adiabatic cooling and design PUE of 1.07. Engineered resilience through diverse power sources to customer equipment.Get in touch