Following the outbreak of COVID-19 and the recommendations from the World Health Organisation, we have, with immediate effect, decided to take the following precautions at our Boden data center:
Until further notice, we request you to only visit the data center if it is absolutely business-critical. If you need to visit, please try to make your stay as short as possible.
- Hard surfaces in the reception and meeting room areas are being cleaned with disinfectant with increased frequency
- We have provided additional hand sanitizers, tissues and disposal baskets, and actively encourage all visitors to use the hand washing facilities by Reception before and after entering the Data Halls.
- while you are at the data centre please follow the direction of Security staff on how to reduce the risk of infection and familiarise yourself with the signage published by the ECDC and local authorities.
- Please consider raising a Remote Hands Support ticket for simple physical changes, as that might save you from having to visit the DC.
Currently, there are no direct impacts to data center operations. To further manage the outbreak-related risks that could affect our delivery of your services in the future, Hydro66 has taken the following additional measures:
- All 24/7 Security staff are briefed and trained on new procedures eg visitor hygiene
- Additional contractor staff are being trained to take over in case more of the primary onsite personnel falls ill than can be covered by the usual shift rotation.
- All employees that are not critical for data centre operations are asked to work from home
- All travel that is not business-critical is cancelled
- We have increased the redundancy of the remote DC management infrastructure
- Face-to-face meetings are replaced with video conference where possible
We will continue to closely observe the situation, assess the risks, and take the necessary action to ensure the continued operation of our facilities and services.