Hydro66 is recruiting for a new position of Financial Controller at its facility in Boden, Sweden. The company is undergoing rapid expansion and therefore we are searching for a very special candidate that can take day-to-day responsibility for the financial operations and control, but also be involved in expanding and improving the finance function with a very hands-on approach.
The new position will report to the CFO (who is UK-based) and will work with locally employed staff and contractors.
Responsibilities The Financial Controller will be responsible for the finance function in Sweden, specifically including:
Management of outsourced finance functions (Supplier invoice processing and payroll processing are outsourced to Grant Thornton. Hydro66 also uses the general ledger AP and AR provided by Grant Thornton’s Fortnox system)
- Ensure all supplier invoices are coded correctly and booked in the correct accounting period
- Prepare all accounts payable payments in a timely manner
- Issue invoices to customers in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed (3 bank accounts across 2 Swedish companies) and all items booked appropriately in the General Ledger
- Maintain the chart of accounts (BAS)
- Prepare and issue timely and complete monthly financial accounts (aggregation of 2 Swedish companies)
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts for the Swedish business
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiation
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Coordinate the provision of information to local external auditors for the annual audit (likely to be applicable for 2018 onwards
- Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns
- Deal with goods imported from within and outside of the EU
- Prepare annual accounts (INKS 2 etc.) for 2 Swedish companies
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swedish; general operating language will be English.
- Honesty; integrity; reliability
- High attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill
Occasional national and international travel may be required
The role is full time and based at the Hydro66 facility in Boden, Sweden. Please send us your CV or referral to Juliet.firstname.lastname@example.org interviews will be held continuously